Saturday, July 25, 2009

Music to keep me from murder.

Photo courtesy of my favorite Flickr friend Superbomba


I've been watching a lot of Dexter lately thanks to a renewed Netflix account and an antisocial sort of life. Not antisocial, just situational-socio-isolation. Whatever. But I'm really liking it. It is more intelligent than I thought - that name, Dexter, just threw me off. Anyhow, I really like the idea that he is supposedly "pretending," all the time - to be human. Every person who has ever done a little reflection has probably considered the idea. I work in customer service - and it really deads-my-head some days. Empty, phatic expressions uttered 300 times a day - leaving one to wonder what is said in earnest and when auto-pilot is on. Nods and waves and how-do-you-dos.
Some of those days - I just need to come home, go into my room, shut the door, and listen to this stuff. I hope you enjoy it.

Music to stay sane to. A late-July mix by Jannell.


1. x - Warning (0:35)
2. Flipper - Ha Ha Ha (2:19)
3. Japanther - See Evil (1:52)
4. Pissed Jeans - I've Still Got You (Ice Cream) (3:07)
5. Judas Preist - METAL MELTDOWN (5:02)
6. Pixies - Break My Body (2:05)
7. Cave In - Juggernaut (5:35)
8. No Age - Ripped Knees (2:53)
9. GWAR - Sick Of You (3:08)
10. Warsaw - Failures (2:30)
11. Misfits - Hatebreeders (3:07)
12. DEAD MILKMEN - Dead Milkmen - Violent School (1:57)
13. New Math - Invocation (4:16)
14. CKY - Rio Bravo (3:10)
15. Vivian Girls - I Believe In Nothing (2:26)
16. Pelican - Forecast For Today (7:29)
17. Pulp - common people.mp3 (5:50)
18. The Dead Milkmen - Instant Club Hit (You'll Dance To Anything) (3:37)
19. Beck - Mutherfucker (2:05)
20. Bobby Stantons Sextet - Scree.....Argh (1:50)
21. The Dicks - Dicks Hate The Police (1:58)
22. Descendents - I'm Not A Loser (1:28)
23. Danzig - Evil Thing (3:18)
24. The Cure - So What (2:30)
25. Moistboyz - fuck you (6:50)
26. Built To Spill - Goin' Against Your Mind (9:49)
Click
to download.

Japanther(Photo courtesy of http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulgalipeau/)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i just noticed you left a comment on my "these are the powers" blog. sorry, havent checked up on it in a while. do you still wanna trade a mix?

Jannell Says said...

yeah man. you pick a theme. my email address is sonicreducerradio@gmail.com.